Proudly 100% Australian OwnedWe are proud to be an 'Australian owned' recognised business!
By supporting us and other Australian owned businesses, you are supporting the Australian economy and investing in Australia.
We are proud to be verified and share our Australian owned certification
Check out their website here.
And your next question... Are they made in Australia?
We wish we could make them here, but no, they are not. It's not from lack of trying. While the material ingredients and our manufacturing come from other parts of the world (USA and China), this is only a very small part of our business. We remain a 100% Australian owned company and use the services and products of many hard-working Aussies all over the country. We have searched high and low but can't manufacture our products here as we simply don't have the resources (ie; the machinery, the materials, the factories). People often think it's a "price" thing, but no, we simply don't know of anywhere in Australia that can manufacture our custom designed, patented and unique thongs. Do you? Please get in touch here.
From our small Aussie business, employees and our families:
You might not know it, but you’re supporting a lot of other Aussie businesses, individuals, workers and their families by purchasing our innovative footwear.
We couldn’t fit them all, but here are a few that say:
• Our product designers and developers
• Rubber testing lab workers
• A family owned and operated shipping company based in Brisbane
• Quality control staff and their families
• Warehouse staff, pick and pack workers
• Freight truck drivers
• Small courier services
• Our sign writers
• Independent sales agents and their families from every state and territory in Australia
• A small, family owned print-shop
• Our accountant and his family
• A local marketing and promotions company and her young family
• Our landlords, a wonderful couple that allow us to rent their storage facility
• A small, Gold Coast website development business and their employees
• Several photographers and videographers from all over the country
• Large companies like Australia Post and Telstra that probably don’t rely much on us, but they employ a lot of hard-working people
• A local Business Insurance company
• Our intellectual property and trademark attorney and his staff
• GS1 Australia, who provide our barcodes
• Hero Packaging who provide our satchels
• A lot of local coffee shops and their employees in our area that keep us energised through-out the day
• Plus many more small Australian businesses all over the country
A couple of Aussies got talking about their multiple blown-out thongs and the crazy on-the-spot ‘fixes’ people would come up with when they faced the same problem. One of the design improvements stuck and after many failed attempts, the innovative design that finally worked had plugs that resembled a wide ‘V’ or ‘Boomerang’ shape.
This allowed the straps/plugs to fold over and pull through instead of snapping off but also (as a back-up), allowed the straps to be easily replaced if they did break.
Imagine you are back-packing around Europe in the Summer with your best mates. The much-awaited plan for the day is to go to one of the iconic German Beer Halls. As you approach the entrance, you are pumped! Full of excitement… And then BAM! Metres from the security guard, you are the victim of the dreaded “blow-out” (when your flip-flop strap breaks). You embarrassingly trip over and look like a massive idiot, even though you haven’t had any beers and are totally sober! You are denied entry to the Beer Hall as you now don’t have the appropriate footwear!
“The most versatile Thongs in the world”